Thursday, August 20, 2009

Growing like a weed!

Max is 3 weeks and 3 days old today! It's going by so fast... too fast. We had another postpardum appointment with the midwives a few days ago and we got him weighed... 9 1/2 pounds already! He gained 22 ounces in two weeks... right on schedule. They want to see babies his age gaining between 1-2 ounces per day... so we're right there! He's out of newborn diapers and almost too big for his newborn onesies...

I can hardly remember, or recognize, my life before he was born. Before I was pregnant, even. These last ten months have been a time of extreme change for both James and I. I am still me, but a different me. I'd like to think a better version of me. I feel like this is what I was meant to do... my life has new meaning and purpose now. All I want is to be the best mommy I can be!

Mine and James' relationship is very different now... I didn't think it was possible for me to love him anymore than I did before Max came into our life. I have fallen in love with him all over again. He's just as handsome to me as he was the first day I met him, if not more! I look at him and I see our son... I look at Max and I see his daddy. It's a beautiful thing.

James is a wonderful father and an even better husband. He's been so understanding and helpful. He grew up around babies (all of his siblings are at least ten years younger,) so he remembers what they're all about... he's been so reassuring. Sure, I've spent time around kids, but not a lot of time with newborns, so his reassurance is just what I need... sometimes I feel like I'm doing something wrong, so to hear from him that I'm not and that the struggles we have faced so far are just bumps in the road, both Max and I are learning how to work together. I am so blessed to have him.

Life is so much more beautiful now. The world is more beautiful now. All because of my beautiful boy... I wonder how I got so lucky?! I must be doing something right...

Here's the song I've picked out as "Max's Song." Since he's our little "Beatle," it's fitting that it's a John Lennon song. The first time I heard it, I knew it was Max's. It couldn't be more perfect.


"Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon (this version by Celine Dion)

Close your eyes, have no fear
The monster's gone, he's on the run
And your mommy's here

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful boy

Before you go to sleep, say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Out on the ocean sailing away
I can hardly wait to see you come of age
But I guess we'll both just have to be patient

Before you cross the street, take my hand
Life is what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Darling, darling, darling
My beautiful boy




No comments:

Post a Comment