Monday, July 20, 2009

10 hours into official overtime.

Go figure!
Yesterday was my due date and no baby! I know the statistics, so I was prepared to go overdue, but I was really hoping that since both James and I were early that maybe Max would be, too! Nope. No such luck. So, we are officially 10 hours into overtime right now.

James and I both got some serious nesting done yesterday. He got the yard all cleaned up, I got the bathroom spotless (except for the tub and floors... I can't bend like that right now.) I'm almost done with all our laundry and will work on the kitchen and the rest of the house today. Not much left to do, I just have the urge to have everything perfect.

Our birth bag is packed, the birth plan is written, my labor music is downloaded and I just need to get it transferred to the iPod, food for labor is bought and ready to go, the cradle is all set up in our room, so now we're just waiting! I really hope he joins us this week! Yes, I want my body back, but I'm so incredibly ready to meet my little boy and to move forward with our new journey! I can't wait to see James holding his son. To explore his little face and tiny fingers and toes. To hug him and smell him and love him. I can't wait to be his mommy!

We don't even know what we're in for, but I'm ready for the unknown. I do know that this is going to be the hardest adventure we've ever embarked on and it will be the most trying and rewarding job we've ever had. Like my dad said yesterday, the hardest job you will ever do is raise your kids to be respectful of others and to not hate you. ;)

So, I go in to see my midwife tomorrow and we might have her strip my membranes. Hopefully this isn't too much information, but what it is is basically a pelvic exam where she will use her fingers to separate the bag of water from the cervix, essentially causing prostaglandins to be released. We'll probably give that a shot. I was going to take castor oil yesterday, but my midwife advised against it. She said that it might just make me uncomfortable and not help bring labor on... and then labor could slow and I might need to be transferred to the hospital. So, we won't be doing that. I'm going to work with some acupressure today and see if that might help.

That's where we are. Just taking it one day at a time and trying not to focus too much on being overdue. I don't want to force my body to do something that it's not ready to do yet, so I'm trying to be patient! I think James is more ready for him to be here than I am... which blows me away! I think maybe he just wants that week off of work.... lol! We just can't wait much longer! We want to meet our little prince!

And I know he'll never read this, but I do just want to thank James for being there every step of the way. He's been so incredibly understanding and forgiving... I haven't exactly been the easiest person to deal with at times. But, he continues to love me and prove to me how important I am to him. I am so blessed to have him as my husband and the father of my child. If I went back 4 years, I would do this all over again... not a doubt in my mind. So, James, if you do ever read this, know that I love you so much. You are my rock. My best friend. My world. My everything. I would be lost without you and am so glad you chose me. We might slip and fall, but we definitely have it all! I will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment