Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My first blog!

Hi everyone!

I've decided to create this blog as a way to keep everyone up to date on our family! I hope you enjoy it and that it keeps us in touch...

As of right now, I am 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant! That puts me at almost nine months. I can hardly believe it's gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday that I found out we were going to be adding to our family.

A quick recap of the past eight months:
2 weeks- Got that positive pregnancy test (after one "try"... we weren't even trying to conceive really... we just had decided that we weren't going to stop it. We didn't think it would happen so fast!)
4 weeks- Got the flu and was already struggling with the morning sickness that would last 4 long months.
6 weeks- Had our first consultation with the birthing center, got the "doctor" confirmation that we were, indeed, pregnant. We decided to not even look at the hospital after our wonderful experience at Puget Sound Birth Center (www.birthcenter.com)
20 weeks- Had our first ultrasound and found out that it's a... BOY! We were hoping for a little man first, but we were just happy to hear that this baby is healthy. Had a little scare with the doc seeing something that looked like scar tissue in my uterus, but two weeks later we found out after another U/S that it was nothing. PHEW!
22 weeks until 30 weeks- Monthly prenatal appointments to check up on us... Everything is going great! Baby and I are growing right on schedule, no swelling and he's super active. I had my final blood draws and glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes and passed with flying colors. Great iron levels, no foreseeable issues... healthy as an ox. :)
30 weeks until 34 weeks- Bi weekly prenatal appointments now as we near the due date! Everything is still looking good! We also finally decided on a name... Maxwell Dean. He'll go by Max! Daddy has resorted to calling him Maximillion and Uncle Brad is apparently referring to him as Maximus. :) We love the name!
34 weeks- Started to notice a bit of swelling in my feet and ankles... I now have cankles! Although, watermelon consumption has been proving to alleviate that problem most days... Good thing that's my big craving during this pregnancy! Also finding it difficult to wear my wedding ring if I'm out and about walking around... This heat is killing me! Luckily, I have A/C in my bedroom...
35 weeks- Here we are. Starting to feel really ready to meet my son! James and I both agree that we want him to bake as long as he needs to, but carrying this child around is getting difficult! It's hard to roll over in bed, I feel like I've been riding a horse for DAYS on end and I'm starting to feel really tired. I think my body is finally telling me to slow down a little and to get some rest while I still have the chance!

We're going in for weekly prenatal appointments starting this week.... That tells me that we're really getting close! I'm starting to get kicked in the ribs quite frequently and James swears he was able to feel toes a few days ago! :) It's really funny watching my little man wiggle around in there... up until bedtime, that is. It seems he always wants to move and shake about the time we settle in for the night.

The nursery is getting closer to completion and I'll post pictures as soon as I can! We'll be finishing up the painting this week and then we can rearrange furniture and get the crib set up! We just can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. i totally just added you guys to my list!! :) love your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete