Sunday, June 21, 2009

One step closer...

Max's nursery is just about finished!

James and I spent the weekend working so hard on our vision. I've been planning this room out for MONTHS and now it's all come full circle. I've changed my mind over and over again (what's new?!) And it really turned out amazing! The only things we have left to do are to get the changing table and glider in (which we don't have yet) and to finish decorating. We really need to get some more aviation stuff to add to the walls and to hang the airplanes. I can't wait to see it COMPLETELY finished, but seeing it pretty much done is a trip.

This whole pregnancy has been a very surreal experience for me. For those of you who don't know me well, I have wanted this since I was a little girl. I'm going to be 29 a few short months after my son's arrival. Definitely a little later than I planned on. So, it's been really strange to finally be here.

Now, to walk by and see what used to be our guest room set up for Max, it's just unreal. It makes everything seem so much closer. Yes, I'm getting huge, and yes, I'm extremely uncomfortable most days, but it still seems like it could be another year before I actually have this kid! To think that in a few short weeks he'll be here... I think I'll be in a dazed state for at least a few weeks AFTER we bring him home!

The nursery is ready. We are one step closer to meeting our son. Our firstborn. This little person that WE created. We are one step closer to being parents. Fully responsible for someone else. A little baby that will turn into a man someday. I'm so excited and so scared all at the same time.

I'm a control freak and I know that I'm going to have to let go of my control a bit. That scares me. I'm going to have to stop worrying so much and realize that he's going to get hurt and there's not much I can do about it. I have to forget about trying to plan everything out and learn to go with the flow. If I thought I've changed over the past few years, I can only imagine how much changing I'll be doing over the next few months! It's going to be wild.

I'll post pictures of the nursery as soon as I can! We have another shower next weekend, so it might not be until then, but I'll try to get something up!

No comments:

Post a Comment